Sown Back Together™ Tea
Calling all of your pieces back to you, this blend repairs the fractured body and soul. It is especially good for healing from emotional and physical trauma, allowing you to see and grasp your healing on the horizon. Physically it helps to mend and strengthen the muscles and bones, while calming the mind, nourishing the nervous system and kidneys and lightening the heart and spirit.
1 ounce of loose leaf herb.
- Comfrey - A multivitamin musculoskeletal herb that mends all wounds & fractures, physically, mentally and spiritually. Anti-inflammatory, vulnerary and demulcent.
- Nettle - A multivitamin in and of itself, Nettle nourishes and strengthens the kidneys, liver, lungs and digestion. It heals damaged tissues and supports the whole body. Nutritive, alterative, hemostatic and kidney ally.
- Skullcap - A nervous system restorative, Skullcap soothes and eases tension, pain and cramping while reviving the nervous system. Antispasmodic, nervine, hypotensive.
- St. John's Wort - Primarily used for wound healing, nervousness, depression and nerve pain, but also a remedy for respiratory, urinary, liver, digestive and uterine conditions. Antispasmodic, nervine, stomachic, expectorant.
- Rose - Moves stagnant blood. Soothes and cools heated conditions. Opens and heals heart chakra. Antidepressant, astringent, expectorant, alterative.
Pour 8 oz fresh boiled hot water over 1 TBLS herb. Cover and let steep for 20 min or longer. Strain out herbs and enjoy. For best results drink, adults drink 2-3 cups per day.
This blend is not suitable for consumption while you are taking antidepressant drugs, if one has liver disease or liver problems, are pregnant or breastfeeding. It’s a complicated question as comfrey has a more recent history of being controversial in potentially cause liver damage, however a much longer and richer history of being valuable medicine to us. Alternate ways of using this blend is to make it into an infused oil or spiritual bath.
Consult your physician. This information is for educational purposes only. Not FDA approved.